August 26, 2015

Welcome to UNG

I have officially started college, classes and all! Well… sort of. I just got back to the room after what was supposed to be my first day of class, but our professor never showed up! But hey - I’m not complaining! My schedule is pretty awesome though, the earliest class I have all week starts at 12:30, on Wednesday I don’t have to be up and at ‘em until 4:00, and I don’t even have class on Friday. Talk about a great first semester!

We also got all moved into our suite, and we are LOVING it. Our homemade floor couch has already gotten so much use, we had about nine individuals piled up in here for a few hours the other night!












Friday after move-in day, AKA the most chaotic day of my life, our whole hall went to eat together at chow. I LOVE all of the girls on my hall, there are actually five Maddys! The next day, we had a Freshman Jamboree! This was when we got to meet other freshmen complete with water slides, obstacle courses, Twister with paint, and volleyball! It was so much fun! Last night, we got to all go through the underclassmen arch as a class, then go to convocation. The school welcomed us, and officially introduced us a Nighthawks!






This weekend was so much fun with no classes to worry about, so this week will be the real test, for sure! But I’ve met so many awesome people, and it’s so weird finding so many things in common with everyone. I feel like we are all connected and I love it! Also, my mom and dad always told me that UNG was like a “family,” and I’ve finally realized what she’s talking about. It’s only the third day, too! I can already tell that this is going to be a super fun year, and we’ve already had a whole lot of adventures! Speaking of...

Lesson #1 of college: When there’s even a chance of rain (and you don’t want to have to change all of your clothes right before class), take an umbrella… It will rain and it will rain hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment