September 17, 2015

ANOTHER Message Received

I want to start off by saying that Tuesday, September 15, 2015 was the most wonderful day in Maddy McRee’s life so far. This post may be a little off because I’m not posting it tonight, so when I say “tonight,” it’s me referring to September 15. Which was a great day. Even though eating Moe’s and singing the Michael Bublé Christmas album at the top of my lungs with the most wonderful people in the world is hard to beat, the MOST AWESOME THING OF MY ENTIRE LIFE HAPPENED. If you have been following since my first post (minus the introduction post), then you know that I had a pretty large epiphany when it came to starting this blog. That was the time I had felt like God spoke to me most… until now!


But first, I have to give you a little backstory, so you can truly understand why this night was so crazy.


1. For about two years, I’ve wanted to be an occupational therapist. I changed my major from Psychology to Biology before I even went to orientation, hopped in the pre-OT program here at UNG, and I knew a few weeks after orientation that I wanted to change my major back to Psychology. I would go into detail about why I did that and why I needed to switch back, but you know I’m a rambler... so, just trust me. I’ve been struggling for a while about if I wanted to stick with Biology and having more options if I didn’t get into OT school, or if I wanted to switch to Psychology which interests me more but I wouldn’t have many options if I changed my mind. Here recently though, I’ve realized that I have another option for a major - business. For a lot of people, business is a go-to degree if they change their mind on their current one. Yet from the time I was little, I have wanted to start my own business. I used to draw up floor plans, applications, flyers, descriptions, and even inventory lists for businesses I would dream up. I had this one business in first grade called LADDS, which stood for Lost and Deserted Dog Shelter. I even had a THEME SONG for that place. And it rocked. So. Anyway, it’s always been a dream of mine to own an idea and to be my own boss (the American Dream, amiright?). I felt like if I could actually come up with something that was successful, I would be happy as a lark for the rest of my days! Also, my roommate, Reagan, has always wanted to start a business. She is super creative and I am super organized, which makes us a great team. We have even started sketching a few ideas out, and we have a game plan of what company we want to start. But back to before, I had to decide between a marketing, finance, or management focus. Basically, I was at a fork in the road (that split into like, five roads). I decided to just pray that God would give me guidance, because I knew I could not - and did not NEED to make that decision on my own.


2. I’ve also been struggling with feeling like I have missed opportunities to witness in the past few weeks, I felt like I was at sort of a standstill. I’ve been praying that God will give me opportunities, but I see that they were open doors AFTER the situation has taken place. I realized tonight I was praying for the wrong thing.


So, story. You know how it’s hard to get into a song the very first time you hear it? You’re focused on the words, the notes… it’s rare (for me) to REALLY think about the meaning behind it. At church, I knew the very first song and I was so pumped. It was just a solid worship song. Next song: Oceans by Hillsong United. I already love that song, which made me even more excited that they were playing it! I heard the lyric “take me deeper than my feet could ever wander,” and it just hit me hard. All of a sudden, those words took on a whole new meaning than they ever have before! I realized that I’d been “wandering” on my own, trying to find opportunities to share the Word on my own. I’ve been looking too hard, when I really just need to stop, relax, and let God put me where I need to be. I need to let Him take me to where I need to be, because He will take me deeper than I could ever go on my own.


Boom. Awesome.


But then, the third song came on. I didn’t know this song, so I was kind of just singing along trying to stay on the right notes. I’m sad because I can’t find the song anywhere, but the chorus was - OH MY WORD AS I WAS TYPING THE PREVIOUS PHRASE I DECIDED TO TRY TO LOOK UP THE SONG ONE MORE TIME, AND I FOUND IT!!!!!!! WHAT A HAPPY DAY!!!!!!! It’s called Trust It All by Brett Stanfill. Anyway, the chorus starts with:
“My life is in your hands, I trust it all, I trust it all to you.” I was like, wow, that’s so relevant to what I have been praying about! The next line started with, “my dreams and all my plans,” and I LOST it.


I don’t even know what happened. It’s like all of a sudden I realized what path I needed to take, I knew Reagan and I needed to follow through with our plan to start our business. We plan to create products that glorify God and can lead to awesome conversation… more on that later. Everything we need has completely fallen into place, and God spoke to me tonight at church and told me that. I just felt overwhelmed with a sense of peace and contentment KNOWING that God has His arms wrapped around me and is leading me exactly where I need to be.


The song continued, I was continuing to bawl my eyes out, and then the thought (almost) crossed my mind: What should I change my major to? As SOON as I started thinking about the entire concept of changing my major, the only thing I could think was “business management.” I couldn’t even come up with the names of any other majors I was considering, it was like I had a brain block! I knew exactly what to change my major to, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life.


I have never, in my whole entire 18-year lifespan, been spoken to so clearly by my Lord. I have gotten signs of course, and the closest thing to tonight was when He told me to start this blog. I’ve already seen God work through this, which makes me even more excited for what’s to come with this business! We still have a long way to go with our business, but we just know that we’re on fire for God and we can’t wait to see how He is going to use our products to work in other people’s lives and open up opportunities for them! I will post updates on my blog, social media, etc., so be sure to keep an eye out!


Some people have these insane, God moments when they’re very young, eighteen years old, fifty years old, and for some it takes until they’re a hundred years old to have that experience. I have learned over the past few years that God knows exactly what you need; he knows when to let you figure things out on your own, and when to blatantly tell you what to do.

I’m going to end this post by simply saying... God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment