February 2, 2015

Windshield Wipers

I absolutely love when it rains when I’m driving. Why?


1. I can turn my brights on at night and it looks like I’m in Star Wars, traveling at lightspeed.
2. I can change my windshield wipers to the speed that matches the beat of my music, and I love that.


Am I the only one that loves that? Not lightspeed, the jammin’ out windshield wipers! THAT IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD (other than Jared, Newsies, chocolate chip waffles, fuzzy socks, my planner, Disney World, my ukulele, wearing sunglasses, the way Subway smells, candles that crackle when you light them, and Jeopardy). Really though. The majority of the time, I will go out of my way to find the correct wiper speed that completely matches my tunes. If you see Lilly (my yellow VW Bug whom I love so much, even though she is falling apart) riding down the road in a light mist, and the windshield wipers look like little hummingbird wings, you can guess that I’m probably listening to Shake It Off or some other catchy T-Swift song. Likewise, if you see Lilly’s wipers swishing across the windshield in slow motion whilst a hurricane is taking place, then chances are me and Ed Sheeran are singing a duet. And it is beautiful.


I don’t know why, but I love when things match up perfectly. If you’ve never seen any of those “Oddly Satisfying” pictures, I suggest you look it up now. You will be oddly satisfied (HAHAHA.) But to save you the trouble, here are 21 Oddly Satisfying Disney Moments, just for the fun of it.


You’re welcome.


Anyways, at Sunday School on Sunday I was thinking about what I should blog about, because it was almost that time again, and I was just drawing a blank. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. But, on my way home from Jared’s that night, the windshield wiper thing happened and my joy just couldn’t be contained.


“Oh that’s for sure going to be my blog topic.”


Because who doesn’t want to read a blog titled “Windshield Wipers,” am I right?


I know I’ve have pretty long posts lately and I’ve been looking deeply into my life, but this week I just want to shortly and sweetly say: GOD IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE HE MADE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THINGS THAT MATCH UP. AND HE ALSO MADE DOGS AND I STILL WANT ONE (......mom).


Oh, and the most interesting thing I did last week? I attended an Indian birthday party for a baby I didn’t know. That’s right. It was so strange (in a good way). I have never experienced anything like it before! I tried Indian food, saw everybody (literally everyone except for my family + Jared) in legitimate Indian attire, and learned a little bit about Indian culture! It's true, by the way, Indian food is spicy. It was a pretty neat experience!

PLUS, I was sneaky and took pictures. I’ll only put the less-creepy ones on here though.



My handsome date for the night! And every other day, too.



This baby turned 1 year old and had a fancier party than all 17 of mine put together.

You literally see the spiciness radiating from that chicken thing (I'm still not completely sure what it was).

1 comment:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Broken Car Glass

    ReplyDelete